Generate Intelligent Construction Drawings from Intelligent Models
Shop Drawings Generation is one among the important phases in a project execution. The contractors or Sub contractors took the design intent and specifications prepared by architects and engineers and develop them to a more detailed drawings to install or assemble the components on site. These drawings include details like dimensions, material information, manufacturing standards and fabrication details of components. At BIMEX Engineers, we offers Shop Drawings Services of high quality and detail, which are generated from a coordinated Intelligent BIM model.
We are familiar with software tools like Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, to enable next-gen visualization and coordinated drawings delivery.
Architectural Shop Drawings
Architectural Shop Drawings are the most important of all shop drawings. They represent the design and structure of the entire building. Streamlining the detailed requirements, all component into a meaningful shop drawing is a crucial task that uncovers the minutest of details.
Architectural shop drawings are prominently required by the architects and are created from LOD 400 which includes minutest details pertaining to the size, location, shape, assembly and several other vital details.
Structural Shop Drawings
There are different types of structures that combine to make a building complete. Floors, inside and outside facing ceilings are some of them. Creating a detailed-drawing for these structures comes under Structural Shop Drawings. It brings clarity to the collaboration of different systems in the building. These shop drawings act as a guide in the construction of that particular structure and installation of the components.
BIMEX engineers are well experienced, competent and reliable partners for Architects and Contractors for in-depth and clear Structural Shop Drawings.
Shop drawings and As-built Drawings are two such types of construction drawing, that are really crucial in the process of construction. Check out the blog to learn more about the difference between the two drawings.
How do Shop Drawings help Architects, Engineers and Contractors?
Shop Drawings are able to convey the pictorial representation of the design to every stakeholder related to project. With details like location and design of elevators, structural steel, prefabricated components, vents and plumbing material. This set of information makes the Shop Drawing a valuable asset for architects, engineers and contractors.
- For architects, these Shop Drawings act as Design Prototype. Visualizing the spatial arrangements, assemblies and materials, they help architect get a better understanding of design.
- Engineers always want to have a better understanding of space reservation in the design. These shop drawings help them evaluate the spaces and also identify the clash between components.
- For contractors, it is of utmost importance to schedule the construction process early to start the work. Shop Drawings work as a communication tool between Architects and Contractors which further help in estimating the time consumption of the project.
- Shop Drawings also act as verification for the design of Engineers and Architects. If any clashes are found in the shop drawings, it is easy to change them and save resources. Contactors use Shop Drawings majorly for risk management.
- The detailed form of Shop Drawings includes the quantity take-offs information also. Understanding the type and quantity of material to be used along with the project timeline makes the cost estimation process easier, faster and more accurate.
Shop Drawings are prepared once the final review is done over the design of the project. These drawings help builders, engineers to place the components perfectly in their place with further clashes. Based on their applications, the drawings are further classified into important sections.
MEP Shop Drawings
A large and important part of the structure of the building is the Mechanical equipment. Air ducts, vents, elevators, piping, sprinklers need special attention on various aspects. MEP Shop Drawings ensure that every component is in perfect coordination with the structure. With the help of Shop Drawings, mechanical contractors, architects and engineers can work more efficiently and productively.
Shop drawings give a clear vision of the roadmap and collaboration details on various phases with other teams. BIMEX engineers are proficient in producing detailed MEP Shop Drawings that aids the Architects team. Leveraging the power of modern technology, BIMEX simplifies the process and enhances efficiency by 5X.
Builders Work Drawings
These drawings are helpful for builders to know the openings in the walls. Builders Work Drawings are detailed drawings of every opening in the wall along with foundational work details for the equipment to be installed.
Builders need designs of each section with complete details. Also, a comprehensive approach after combining all the designs enables the team to reduce errors and produce waste.
BIMEX has enabled Architects and team to collaborate effectively with the power of technology. Simplifying the communication between multiple teams has brought amazing results for our clients.